For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime. Weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.
Psalm 30:5

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

What I can feel with my hands, see with my eyes

I feel like a little girl, counting my presents. It happened at birthdays, Christmases, even Children's Day. Each would be precious. The one who gets more presents is more loved, maybe a child might think. Is the way to a child's heart through her hands? How about the way to my heart?

Secure in my Heavenly Father's acceptance, my heart knows of the constancy and steadfastness of His love, enough to know that that childish equation can never be said of His way of loving. 


Yet, He chooses to greet me in countless unexpected places, right where I can see, touch, taste, feel. He is my Heavenly Father, and whenever He does that, I am a little child again - His little child... 

This is just me, checking in, thanking Him.

1 Feb, Wednesday: Greeted by a red-crowned woodpecker on the walk to school

2 Feb, Thursday: A blue, 18 deg C afternoon, beach umbrellas (I sat under one of them, studying)

3 Feb, Friday: Sourdough toast and orange wedges for breakfast

4 Feb, Saturday: Tim-cooked meal: Baked trout with herb and lemon, salad and pasta with tomato sauce on the side

5 Feb, Sunday: This tender love song on Sunday morning in church 

6 Feb, Monday, Chinese Valentine's Day: Midday Sweet Cece's treat with Tim

7 Feb, Today: Hints of spring along the walk to school


No comments:

Post a Comment