For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime. Weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.
Psalm 30:5

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

God's Promises

Water - A gift everyday, even more heartfelt with a sore throat

At the end of the day, it's God's promises that matter. Will the plans of my finite mind come to pass? What about my fears? Both melt away in the light of His love and wisdom.

Today, I'm simply thankful for God's promises that saw me through the week. I want to remember these over and over again.
The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.
Psalm 28:7 NIV 
Many are the woes of the wicked, but the Lord's unfailing love surrounds the man who trusts in him.
Psalm 32:10 NIV 
The Lord foils the plans of the nations; he thwarts the purposes of the peoples. But the plans of the Lord stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations.
Psalm 33:10-11 NIV 
A horse is a vain hope for deliverance; despite all its great strength it cannot save. But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love, to deliver them from death and keep them alive in famine.
Psalm 33:17-19 NIV 
We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield.
Psalm 33: 20 NIV
Signs of spring cannot withstand the cold blast of an Arctic frost, but God's love remains unchanging


No comments:

Post a Comment